Even though we were only in Tulum for one day, we got a lot done in 24hrs! I had done a lot of research prior to my excursion there, and knew what I was looking for! I don't have as many pictures as I would like from the day because I made a conscious effort to leave my phone back in Playa! Here are top 5 things to do if you have 24 hours in Tulum:
1. Try the local food: We started our day off at Zamas, a Mexican beach restaurant with a killer view. We also grabbed a healthy shake at a nearby spot (can't remember the name! We had dinner at La Zebra- laid-back Mexican beachfront hotel.
Other great food spots to check out:
Posada Margherita – Must book in advance, best Italian; known for fish, pasta, good green juice
Hartwood – Most popular; everything cooked over open fire; have to get in line at 3:00pm to book a table for later in the day
La Onda & Coco Tulum– BEST wood oven pizza
Casa Banana – Expensive but amazing; a must-go
Casa Jaguar – Good brunch, nice jungle setting
Ziggys- Best tuna tartare
Antojitos La Chiapaneca- Best tacos
Tulum Raw, Restaurare, Charly's Vegan Tacos- Vegan Restaurants
El Tabano- Mexican
Mezzanine- At the Mezzanine Hotel; Thai food
WILD- Mediterranean with Mexican influence
Gitano- Jungle bar
The Real Coconut- Dairy free, gluten free
Sooo... I don't think I narrowed down your options too much. I pretty much just named all of the restaurants in Tulum. *face palm*
2. Hit the Beach! The most gorgeous beach to visit is Playa Paraiso. It has an exclusive, secluded, hippie, European vibe to it. I imagine it is what Playa del Carmen was 10 years ago...before it started becoming a bit like the next Cancun. A MUST VISIT!
3. Go Hotel Hopping! There are so many beautiful hotels to check out, like the one in the picture below, Mi Amor. There are tons of places on the beach that have gorgeous views or great restaurants to eat at.
4. Visit Sian Ka'an: A biosphere reserve in Tulum that offers land & sea Ecotours!
5. Try a Yoga Class: This is the perfect setting for a tranquil yoga or pilates class. I walked into a Yoga studio with floor to ceiling windows that had a view overlooking the beach and ocean. You could find tons of fitness classes available in this health paradise. Plus, check out Tulum Jungle Gym!