My 6 Favourite Scents:
1. Black Opium by YSL: This warm and spicy blend used to be my signature nighttime scent and I still love putting it on every once in a while. If you’re looking for an addictive, seductive scent to wear on a first date or to a fancy event, this is your scent. Its key notes are black coffee, white flowers, and vanilla.
2. Hypnotic Poison by Dior: My cutie pie of a sister (who is always getting me the most thoughtful and GENEROUS gifts) bought me this scent for my 21st birthday and I preserved this bottle to the last drop. This was my all time favourite for a while and I’m still considering repurchasing it. Here’s the breakdown: top notes are apricot, plum, and coconut; middle notes are tuberose, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, rose, Brazilian rosewood and caraway; base notes are sandalwood, almond, vanilla and musk. Definitely more of an evening scent.
3. Miss Dior by Dior: This was a gift from my stepmom for my high school graduation. I love how light and girlie it is. Notes: top - calabrian bergamot; heart - grasse rose absolute; base - Guyana rosewood and pink peppercorns.
4. Bright Crystal by Versace: My beautiful, generous friend bought me this scent for my 25th birthday and I absolutely love it! It’s fresh, yet sensual, with notes of yuzu, pomegranate, peony, musk, and magnolia. Great scent for daytime!
5. Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture: I’ve been wearing this scent for 8 years and I just cannot get over it. It’s always been my go-to because it’s not too fruity, floral, or musky. It opens with notes of wild berries and juicy mandarin. The heart encompasses a floral blend of honeysuckle, gardenia and Jasmine. The base notes are amber, caramel, vanilla, sandalwood and pralines. Just describing it makes me want to put it on!! It can transition easily from a daytime to nighttime scent.
6. Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian: It’s not pictured here because I don’t own it! I can’t afford the price tag at the moment ($395 for 50 ml) so my little life hack is to keep picking up samples of it. It’s so delicious with key notes of mango, coconut milk and rice. I found that Rouge Malachite by Giorgio Armani Prive smells similar to (and just as good as) this one