- Hang out at the beach! This is an obvious one. Playa is a great spot for any type of water sport you’d like to try. Swimming, sailing, jet skiing, parasailing, sky diving or kite surfing!
- Walk down La Quinta Avenida. This is the Fifth Avenue of the Mayan riviera! It’s filled with lots of fabulous restaurants including some of my favourites: La Familia (for Italian food), Yummy Fresh (for Israeli food), and Chez Celine (for a French breakfast).
- Take a day trip to Tulum. You can take a bus or a cab there and explore this hippie paradise. It’s filled with amazing juice bars, cute boutiques and lots of yoga studios! Grab a quick bite at Ziggy's Beach.Then head to Playa Paraíso for a truly gorgeous, serene beach! We ate dinner at La Zebra and enjoyed it a lot.
- Tour a Cenote. I went to Chaak Tun, which was amazing! It’s about a 10 minute cab ride from the city center and it’s magical! I don’t want to ruin the surprise for you but get ready have very clear skin after swimming in these Mayan underground caves. I’ve also heard that Rio Secreto is beautiful (although more expensive), as is Cenote Azul.
- Take a day trip to Cozumel. You just have to take a quick 20 minute ferry ride from the city center to the island. Once there, rent a scooter for the day and (safely) drive around the island! Take a dip in the crystal clear waters to cool off! Then go for a delicious beachside lunch at any of the local fish restaurants. Some of them even have hammocks where you could relax after a filling meal.